I was late to work again today. But I had a very good excuse. I wanted to sleep in. I wanted to sleep in because I did not want to wake up from this awesome dream I was having.

In my dream, Pixie, Cartman (Pixie's man) and Gigglesworth were down in Melbourne visiting. Gigglesworth also brought with her the entire Argentine rugby team*. Jose, in particular, was very funny and charming.

To accomodate all of them in my busy social schedule, they came along with me to this hot club opening. Pommy Dude** and his brother*** invited us. As soon as Jose met Pommy Dude, the charming Argentinian full back said to him, "I hope you treat Pollita well, she's like a sister to me."

The club was really laid back. More like a upmarket pub than anything else. We drank Guiness with Pommy Dude and his brother (Mikey****) -- the man's choice of drink in real life. We all laughed to my jokes and accent imitations. And when we played Trivia at the club/pub, Pommy Dude and I were the only two who knew the answer to "What was England manager Glenn Hoddle's choice of team building prior to 1998 World Cup?" (Psychic reading, it's true.)

As a prize, we took home a leg of ham. Honey roasted. We were the King and Queen of Trivia. Oh, and that celebratory kiss...heavenly!

"Muffins," he said, "you had me at that flying goal you scored over me two months ago!"

"I think Pommy Dude and Polly will become lovers." I overheard Cartman say to Pixie. Gigglesworth, meanwhile, was busy snogging Carlos, the Argentine rugby team captain.

The next day we all caught a plane to Sydney. The rugby team -- surprise, surprise -- got a bit unruly and subsequently got banned from all future Qantas flights. All except for Carlos. He and Gigglesworth were still lip locked. I think Jose's jealousy was the reason for him to start a touch footy match at the back of plane, which led to the banning.

When we landed in Sydney, sniffer dogs went to Cartman's bag and found 4.1 kilograms of marijuana. For some reason, he's a Thai citizen and had to be deported.

The rest of us -- Pommy Dude and I, Mikey and his girl, Pixie, Gigglesworth, Carlos, Jose -- snuck off with the pot and drove to Canberra on a whim.


Notes:
* I do not know anyone on the Argentine rugby team. Figments of my imagination.
** I am currently infatuated with Pommy Dude.
*** I do not know if Pommy Dude has a brother.
**** Nor if the brother's name is Mikey.
0 Responses

Post a Comment