There's a daddy-long-legs in the corner of my room. It has probably lived here longer than I have, so I always felt a little rude (and scared) to just whack it dead with a rolled up newspaper.

A few minutes ago, a beetle (I think) of those annoying flying kind managed to get in here and caused a buzzing ruckus. The beetle (I think) flew around and around, bumping into walls and doors like a girl who's had a few too many on a Friday night. I was not impressed with the beetle's (I think) lack of self-discipline.

The beetle (maybe I should just name it Betty) stumbled into daddy-long-leg's corner. Perhaps hoping for a free drink, or perhaps hoping to score daddy-long-leg's phone number, Betty stayed a little longer than usual. Daddy-long-legs, vindicative and ironic like any other man, decided to make Betty's stay slightly more permanent.

Betty and daddy-long-legs are now one. Daddy-long-legs wound himself around Betty, most likely never letting her go, feeding himself on her vivacious soul.

They lived happily ever after, sharing my corner of the room, until tomorrow when I will run down to Coles first thing in the morning to get a can of bug spray.
0 Responses

Post a Comment