Friday night, a box of Belgian chocolates sat opened on my lap. Exotic variety with flavours such as Raspberry Framboise, Hazelnut Orange Praliné, Gianduja, Walnut Noix, and Amaretto…one of the best presents my favourite uncle has ever sent from London. He always sends excellent birthday and Christmas goodies. For my birthday last year, he sent me a series of pictures he took at Abbey Road.

Chocolates pieces quickly started to vanishes. I stared at the nearly empty tray in the box with sadness. I lifted the box away from my lap to stop myself before they all disappear.

Ooh. Box still weighty.

Maybe box is just heavy.

But what if this is like that episode of ‘That 70s Show’, and like Fez, I discover a whole new layer of chocolates underneath the empty top tray?

In manner of Howard Carter discovering Tutankhamun’s tomb, I slowly took out the top tray. The great chocolatical find of this century was unearthed; grand jewels like Soft Caramel Mou, Pistachio, Marron Glace, and Cointreau laid out in magnificence on a whole new layer.

Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment