The nightmarish Friday has drawn a close and I now begin the day, like many other young single girls about town, with a slight headache from consuming a little too much wine.

Yesterday was my last official day of uni. There is still a thesis talk, three exams and that bitch of a thesis to attend to. But official is official. I am on my way out into the big bad world.

I searched for my notes in the honours room to take home and study. I had lent them to the Bear a few days ago. So the nightmare began.

I found my notebook under a pile of his rubbish papers; in tatters, with the spiral wires all bent out of shape. The state of notebook made me short of breath. It was so beautiful when I handed it to him on Tuesday. My pathological neatness was best reflected in those notes.

A more ghastly thought occurred to me later. The Bear sometimes goes to the toilet with an armful of notes and textbooks. Sometimes he even announces to the rest of the room that he is going to "get some good thinking done." I was mortified at the thought that, maybe, in a fit of constipation, he tore my notes apart.

Now I will have to re-write them. Have to remember to get a pair of rubber gloves too.

The shock of my notes subsided when I met up with some friends later in the evening to celebrate Pixie's new employment at the Quite Impressive Financial Consortium. We were a merry company of four until I had a Bogart moment.

“Out of all the two-hatted-SMH-food-guide restaurants in Sydney, he steps into mine, seated a mere three feet from my table.”

Slight heart cracks upon quick conversation with the unexpected arrival. When I returned to my table, I proceeded to finish off my glass of wine and Pixie's too. I am at my loudest when I have some pinot noir in me. Not just pinot. Pretty much anything fermented would do. I wanted the unexpected arrival to hear that I ain't doing too shabby lately. The pinot noir was good. I had my friends laughing with their heads thrown back in the most classy yet noticeable way.

The restaurant had one of those small but trendy unisex bathroom. Very Ally McBeal. I walked in and could not help but notice a strangely attractive creature staring at me. I was quite intimidated and walked right into her.

The bathroom was darkly lit and covered floor to ceiling with mirrors.
0 Responses

Post a Comment