There is less than eight weeks until my thesis is supposed to be polished and ready for presentation. So that should give me 56 days to write something adequate about the implied volatilities of financial options. This equates to about two pages a day, give or take.

Sounds reasonable.

But I am not biologically tuned to start work early, stretch out my arms and wave goodbye to the deadlines. Rather, I like staring at the deadline, give it an evil look or two, make it think that I might not catch it, and slam it flat as the clock ticks down. This is not a very good idea when one has to write a 100-page thesis on something one cares (or knows) very little about.

Starting tomorrow, I shall be better on terms with my thesis. I shall stop referring to it as a bitch or the devil in disguise.
0 Responses

Post a Comment